Course Name: Python Programming Masterclass
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 16th to 20th Dec, 2019
Course Fee: KES 50,000 OR USD 666
Online Registration: Register here
Tech For Development -T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in Python Programming masterclass to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 16th to 20th Dec, 2019
Python is an interpreted object-oriented programming language. It is open source, so the interpreter and source are freely available and distributable in binary form. Python has many built-in high-level data structures and utilizes dynamic typing and binding, making it an excellent choice for both scripting and application development as it can be used for everything from web development to software development and scientific applications.
Programming in Python can be extremely quick and productive owing to the lack of a compilation step as well as the built-in debugger (also written in Python).
- Beginners with no previous programming experience.
- Anyone looking to build the minimum Python programming skills necessary as a pre-requisite for moving into machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence.
- Existing programmers who want to improve their career options by learning the Python programming language.
- If you are an expert Python programmer with extensive knowledge, and many years’ experience, then this course is probably not for you.
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- No prior knowledge of Python is required.
- No previous programming experience needed.
What you will learn:
- Learn to use Python professionally, learning both Python 2 and Python 3
- Learn to use Object Oriented Programming with classes
- Understand complex topics, like decorators
- Build a complete understanding of Python from the ground up
- Acquire the pre-requisite Python skills to move into specific branches - Machine Learning, Data Science, etc.
- What Is Python?
- Python 2 vs Python 3
- When and Where Is Python Being Used?
- Installing Python for Windows
- Installing Intellij on Windows
- Configuring Intellij and Python on Windows
- Installing Python for Mac OS X
- Installing Intellij on Mac
- Configuring Intellij and Python on Mac
- Installing Python for Ubuntu Linux
- Installing Intellij on Linux
- Configuring Intellij and Python on Linux
Python Object and Data Structures Basics
- Introduction to Python Data Types
- Python Numbers
- Variable Assignments
- Introduction to Strings
- Indexing and Slicing with Strings
- String properties and methods
- Print Formatting with strings
- Lists in Python
- Sets in Python
- Dictionaries in Python
- Tuples in Python
- Comparison Operators
- Introduction to Program Flow Control
- If, Elif and Else Statements in Python
- For Loops in Python
- While Loops in Python
- Useful Operators in Python
- List Comprehensions in Python
- Continue and Break Statements
Modules and Functions
- Modules and Imports
- Standard Python Library
- Time and DateTime in Python
- Functions in Python
- Scope in Functions
- *args and *kwargs in Python
- Global Variables and Keywords
- Lambda Expressions, Map, and Filter Functions
- Namespaces and Recursion
Input and Output (I/O) - File Processing
- Reading Text Files
- Writing Text to Files
- Appending text to existing files
- Opening Files
Object Oriented Programming
- Introduction to OOP
- Instances and Constructors
- Attributes and Class keyword
- Class Object Attributes and Methods
- Subclasses and Overloading
- Calling Super Methods
- Special Methods
- Overriding Methods
Interacting with Databases in Python
- Introduction to Python with Databases
- Installing Sqlite3 on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Introduction to SQLite
- Connecting and Inserting Data to SQLite using Python
- Selecting, Inserting, Deleting and Updating SQLite Records
- Introduction to PostgreSQL Psycopg2
- Selecting, Inserting, Deleting, and Updating PostgreSQL Records
Errors and Exception Handling
- Introduction to Errors and Exception Handling
- Using Pylint
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
Visit our website for more details.
This training course can also be tailored for your organization. This way, your organization will benefit by:
- Using own datasets and tools during the training.
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on.
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice.
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation.
Kindly visit this link to see video and photo testimonials of our previous training events.
Need more information? Kindly visit this link to see answers to frequently asked questions.
Register as individual.
Tel: +254 706909947
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech For Development
Innovation for impact